BIPOC wholeness and liberation is at the heart of Conscious Homestead.
We are a space where BIPOC are unapologetically centered, supported, nourished and uplifted. Our collective wholeness and liberation is deeply tied to the wholeness and liberation of the land and because of this truth Conscious Homestead unapologetically centers the land. Our work is rooted in cultivating space to be in relationship with the land, move through colonial land-based trauma, and remember that we are not separate from the land, we are the land; our birthright and responsibility is to care for and protect the land. As we grow as a community our work will continue to evolve and grow with us but for now some of the many ways we are of service to the BIPOC community is outlined below.
- We offer free organic homestead grown food to BIPOC in our community.
- We offer free small-batch medicinals and body care products made from organic homestead-grown herbs to BIPOC in our community.
- We offer a paid fellowship to learn Afro-Indigenous land stewardship practices as well as food and land sovereignty.
- We offer holistic health and wellness offerings rooted in BIPOC healing modalities, led by BIPOC facilitators, on a 1:1 basis or in BIPOC affinity for free or at a sliding scale rate.
- We offer networking space for local QTBIPOC small business owners to connect with one another and build community, foster partnerships and collaborations and strengthen their support systems while navigating the barriers BIPOC business owners face in VT.
- We offer spaces for conversation, reflection, questioning, dreaming, celebration, learning, unlearning, remembering, healing, grieving, empowerment, rest, rebuilding and ultimately co-creating a community that is rooted in our guiding principles and centers BIPOC/Land wholeness and liberation.
- We are committed to both centering and prioritizing partnership and collaboration with BIPOC. The teachers, caterers, presenters, healers, practitioners, herbalists, artists etc we work with will unapologetically prioritize BIPOC or BIPOC-owned businesses.
Our dream is to be able to offer all services to BIPOC for FREE as we were able to in our first year on the homestead.
We were able to offer all services to BIPOC our first year for free because of the generous support of our community through crowdsourcing that year. While we continue to work hard towards raising and securing financial support to host as many offerings to BIPOC for free on the homestead; moving forward we have launched 4 memberships.
The primary way an individual or organization can support Conscious Homestead is by:
Other ways an individual or organization can support Conscious Homestead is by:
We are a fiscally sponsored project with Community Resilience Organizations.
This fiscal sponsorship affords Conscious Homestead the status of a 501(c)(3) / non-profit. Email me if you are interested in making a donation to the Conscious Homestead Fund through our fiscal sponsor.